List of things that cause knee pain for weightlifters
- Tense Quads, Hamstrings, Calves, and Feet with lots of trigger points in them
- Poor Diet. Eating less inflammatory foods and more fish oil and pineapple will do wonders.
- Poor Squatting position and movement
- Strength Ratios out of balance. Ex. Weak VMO’s, or hamstrings compared to the Vastus Lateralis.
- Too much squatting volume. If you are addressing all the above well and your knees still hurt a lot, you should start looking at your training volume. Keep in mind that discomfort and pain are different.
- Structural Issues like a torn meniscus or arthritis which need to be evaluated by a professional.
Is there anything else you think should be on this list?